Sunday, June 13th, 4-6pm
Event can be accessed on the day of the event at:
Watch Live on Facebook: facebook.com/OiwiTV
Ko Olina Resort in partnership with NOAA and other community organizations, will host a World Ocean Day Celebration on Sunday, June 13th starting at 4pm. World Ocean Day is a global day of ocean celebration and collaboration for a better future.
• Hosted by McKenna Maduli with special guest Kimi Werner
• Local artists and musicians including Kapena, Josh Tatofi, Ron Artis II, and Drew Henmi
• NOAA and UH scientists talking ocean science from old school biology to new future tech
• Video postcards from youth all around the Pacific
• Tribute to the 15th anniversary of Papahānaumokuākea
• Messages from our ocean stewardship partners around the islands
Pay attention and enter our "Kahoot Game" and you could be the winner of a one night stay at Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa!
The theme for this year is “Generations,” reflecting on the sharing of knowledge and experience across time and generations. The ʻōlelo noʻeau (Hawaiian proverb) is “I ola nō nā hanauna i ka welo” - the generations thrive because of their common heritage.
This World Ocean Day Celebration is generously supported by Ko Olina Resort Operators Association, Inc., the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), Aulani, A Disney Resort and Spa, and Conservation International Hawaiʻi.
For more information on World Ocean Day, visit: worldoceanday.org