Any site using cookies that processes personal data must make sure they process this data on a lawful basis such as consent or legitimate interest. If consent is the relevant lawful basis for processing, users have to actively opt in and consent to cookies under the GDPR guidelines or adjust settings within your browser.
We use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web page server. Cookies cannot be used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you.
One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The purpose of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize Ko Olina Activities, LLC pages, or register with Ko Olina Activities, LLC site or services, a cookie helps Ko Olina Activities, LLC to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. This simplifies the process of recording your personal information, such as billing addresses, shipping addresses, and so on. When you return to the same Ko Olina Activities, LLC Web site, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can easily use the Ko Olina Activities, LLC features that you customized.
What types of cookies does Ko Olina Activities, LLC use?
There are generally four categories of cookies: “Strictly Necessary,” “Performance,” “Functionality,” and “Targeting.” koolina.com routinely uses all four categories of cookies on our Site. You can find out more about each cookie category below.
1. Strictly Necessary Cookies: The Family of Sites that use these cookies are necessary for the website to function and is related to the content management system that the site uses which can’t be switched off in our systems. They are usually only set in response to actions made by you which amount to a request for services, such as setting your privacy preferences, logging in or filling in forms. You can set your browser to block or alert you about these cookies, but some parts of the site will then not work. These cookies do not store any personally identifiable information.
2. Performance Cookies: These cookies allow The Family of Sites to count visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our site. They help us to know which pages are the most and least popular and see how visitors move around the site. All information these cookies collect is aggregated and therefore anonymous. If you do not allow these cookies we will not know when you have visited our site and will not be able to monitor its performance.
3. Functionality Cookies: These cookies enable The Family of Sites to provide enhanced functionality and personalization, for example to recognize Japanese translated pages. They may be set by us or by third party providers whose services we have added to our pages. If you do not allow these cookies then some or all of these services may not function properly.
4. Targeting Cookies: These cookies may be set through The Family of Sites or third-party services. They may be used by those companies to build a profile of your interests and show you relevant adverts on other sites. They do not store directly personal information but are based on uniquely identifying your browser and internet device. If you do not allow these cookies, you will experience less targeted advertising.
First and third-party cookies
First-party cookies are cookies that belong to The Family of Sites, third-party cookies are cookies that another party places on your device through our Family of Sites. Third-party cookies may be placed on your device by someone providing a service for our Family of Sites, for example to help us understand how our service is being used. Third-party cookies may also be placed on your device by our business partners so that they can use them to advertise products and services to you elsewhere on the Internet.
How to Control and Delete Cookies
CookiePro: The Family of Site’s Cookie Consent Tool can be utilized to customize your cookie preferences. The consent tool specifically controls the marketing cookies and analytical cookies set by using our primary public Koolina.com website. Essential cookies cannot be disabled, nor can the tool be used to block cookies on third-party websites linked from our website.
Browser: Many of the cookies used on our website and through emails can be enabled or disabled through our consent tool or by disabling the cookies through your browser. To disable cookies through your browser, follow the instructions usually located within the “Help,” “Tools” or “Edit” menus in your browser. Please note that disabling a cookie or category of cookies does not delete the cookie from your browser unless manually completed through your browser function. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of The Family of Sites you visit.
Targeted advertisements: Targeted ads or interest-based offers may be presented to you based on your activities on other websites and based on the products you currently own or have previously viewed on The Family of Sites. These offers will display as varying product banners presented to you while browsing. We also partner with third parties to manage our advertising on other websites. Our third-party partners may use technologies such as cookies to gather information about such activities in order to provide you with advertising based on your browsing activities and interests and to measure advertising effectiveness. If you wish to opt out of interest-based advertising, click here [or if located in the European Union click here]. Please note you will continue to receive generic ads.
Please note, however, that if you delete cookies or refuse to accept them, you might not be able to use all of the features we offer, you may not be able to store your preferences, and some of our pages might not display properly.
Please view the following articles to remove cookies within each specific browser:
* For the Chrome web browser, please visit this page from Google: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/32050
* For the Internet Explorer web browser, please visit this page from Microsoft: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835
* For the Firefox web browser, please visit this page from Mozilla:
* For the Safari web browser, please visit this page from Apple: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411?locale=en_US
* For any other web browser, please visit your web browser’s official web pages.
You can learn more about cookies and the following third-party websites:
* AllAboutCookies: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
* Network Advertising Initiative: http://www.networkadvertising.org/