The 3rd Annual Ko Olina Children’s Film & Music Festival, Saturday, April 30, 2016, will be the largest yet with young local performers, interactive audio and video studios for aspiring artists, and a fan favorite collection of Disney•PIXAR and Hawaii International Film Festival films.
Classic and modern family friendly movies to be shown at Aulani throughout the day include:
- Cinderella: This live action remake of a Disney Classic film follows the fortunes of young Ella whose merchant father remarries following the death of her mother and finds herself at the mercy of cruel new family
- Monsters University: The story of how two mismatched monsters met and became lifelong friends in a movie screaming with laughter and oozing with heart
- UP: Carl Fredricksen ties thousands of balloons to his house and sets off to the lost world of his childhood dreams with an overeager 8-year-old Wilderness Explorer
- Inside Out: An inventive animated film that takes viewers on a journey from the Inside Out to discover the emotional roller coaster within
- Aladdin: Climb aboard for a magical carpet ride with nonstop laughs, actionpacked adventure and Academy Award® -winning music
- Paper Planes: From the 2015 Hawaii International Film Festival, Paper Planes tells the story of Dylan Webber, an imaginative 12-year-old boy that has a knack for folding and flying paper planes that takes his talent to the top of the World Junior Paper Plane Championship
Just after sunset, the main stage overlooking Ko Olina’s Kohola lagoon will provide the backdrop for a Disney•PIXAR short and a Disney film. This year’s featured movies include:
- Lava: Depicted as a musical love story, Lava tells the tale of a volcano looking for love among the ocean waters surrounding the Hawaiian islands
- Big Hero 6: An action-packed comedy adventure that introduces Baymax, a lovable, personal companion robot, who forms a bond with robotics prodigy Hiro Hamada
The Festival will take place beachfront at Ko Olina’s first lagoon and throughout the Aulani property from 1:00 – 8:00 p.m. Event tickets are $25 for adults ($30 at the door), $10 for kids 12 and under. Festival proceeds will benefit the Kapio’lani Medical Center for Women & Children, the state of Hawaii’s largest health care provider. For more information and to purchase tickets, simply click on the “Buy Tickets” button below.
Festival attendees can take advantage of exclusive room deals at Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa. Special room rates start at $299.00 per night (includes Wi-Fi, resort cultural activities and evening entertainment).
For Aulani reservations, call 407-939-4686, Monday – Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST; Saturday – Sunday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. EST, and reference:
- Ko Olina Children’s Film & Music Festival 2016
- Group Code: G0696803
- Rates are subject to availability; restrictions may apply
Guests staying at any of Ko Olina’s resort properties can also enjoy a selection of world class activities and amenities including snorkel tours and dolphin adventures departing from Ko Olina Marina daily, golf lessons with PGA professionals at Ko Olina Golf Club’s award-winning Ted Robinson designed course, stand up paddle boarding or snorkel gear rentals at Ko Olina’s Nai’a beach cove, and more.
About Ko Olina Resort
Ko Olina is a 642-acre master-planned resort community on the western shore of the island of O’ahu. Resort partners include Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Four Seasons Resort O’ahu at Ko Olina (set to open mid-2016), Marriott’s Ko Olina Beach Club, Beach Villas at Ko Olina, Ko Olina Golf Club, Ko Olina Marina, oceanfront wedding chapels, and the Ko Olina Station and Ko Olina Center retail hub. The resort, known as O’ahu’s premier vacation destination, also features four pristine oceanfront lagoons connected by 1.5 miles of shoreline pathways, access to a diverse selection of ocean and outdoor activities and the island’s best weather. More About Ko Olina Resort
For more visit: koolinachildrensfestival.com